One of my favorite British bakers, Paul Hollywood, has a new show on Food Network UK called “City Bakes”. He gets to travel all over the world to visit bakeries – I’m so darn jealous! Anyway, he visited a cheesecake place in New York in the first episode and after he tried like a 1000 cheesecakes (and even Paul Hollywood can feel full, I have discovered) he made cheesecake brownies in the bakery.
My mouth started salivating at even the thought of the brownies so I decided to give them a go with a small addition: blueberries. I love fruit in cheesecakes and together with chocolate so nothing could go wrong there 😉 Hope you’ll enjoy the recipe as much as I did!
Blueberry Cheesecake Brownies Recipe
Adapted from: City Bakes by Paul Hollywood
Tools: 33×23 cake pan
|75||grams||self raising flour|
|200||grams||full-fat cream cheese|
- Line the cake pan with baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 170C/340F.
- Break the chocolate up and place in a heatproof bowl with the butter. Heat au-bain-marie until everything has melted, set aside to cool.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until fluffy and pale. Add the chocolate/butter mixture and whisk until incorporated. Fold in the rest of the brownie mix ingredients. Pour into the tin and smooth over.
- Beat all the cheesecake mixture ingredients together until thoroughly combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of cheesecake mixture into the brownie batter. Use a spatula to create swirls. Bake for 25-30 minutes. A bit of mixture should stick to a skewer when inserted into the brownie.
- Leave to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.